Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lame duck seen on road, film at eleven.


I decided to do Saturday's LT workout today instead of a recovery ride since I didn't get it done on Saturday. I think I mush have still been tired from Saturday because this was a brutally hard workout. I felt really good for each of the 3 sets, but it was very difficult to average the needed power output. I struggled on each set. I hot my mark on the first set but was off on the next 2. I was in my LT zone, but barely. I made it throught the workout, dealt with all the traffic, ran out of water and limped home like a wounded duck. I didn't think I was ever going to get home. I had no energy left at all. I was dreading my hill of truth with every pathetically weak pedal stroke. I pulled myself up that hill and basically collasped on the bike at the top. When I made it home, I couldn't wait to get a cold glass of water, then a glass of choclate milk and another cold glass of water. I had some chicken, rice and vegetables then pretty much fell on the sofa and almost dropped off to sleep in a matter of minutes. I dragged myself to the shower a half hour later and it was a real effort to do that. I am completely wasted. Luckily, tomorrow is better than recovery, it is a day off from ANY training. This is the first one I have had in a while, so I will welcome it with open arms. I may tackle the cables on my Cervelo, otherwise, I'm doing nothing. I will be doing an easy recovery ride on Tuesday then my training is going to be kicked up a notch, so I am told. I don't even want to know what that means. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment