Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hurry up and suffer


I got home late this evening so I had to rush to get out and get my training done. My planned duration was 2 hours. I had to condense it into just over an hour. This meant a shorter warm-up and cool down. I also ended up shortening the time between efforts. I had to do 10 sets of spin ups with 5 minutes between each. I cut this to 3 minutes between each. Just like yesterday, I felt tired and sluggish leaving the house. I just made up my mind to push through, suffer and go pretty hard for the warm-up. I do this workout on a slight grade. I climb the road for my warm-up and do the efforts on the way down. I usually turn around several times and climb back up during the 3 minutes of recovery. Today I did only 3 efforts on this road and the rest on the ride back home. This gave me only about a 12 minute cool down. I guess the session was okay, nothing great, but I suffered and got it done in record time.

My weight was down 3 pounds this morning, which I am sure was due to dehydration from the hard effort yesterday. This could have been a contributing factor as to how I felt early in today's ride. I drank lots of water today, but probably not enough. I will double up on fluid intake tomorrow. It's bed time. I'll likely fall asleep watching the recap of the Tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment