Friday, July 24, 2009

Leg drills and descending thrills

Tonight I felt much better before, during and after the ride. I guess I must have rehydrated pretty well. I sipped a mixture of water and Pedialite throughout the night and drank lots of water today. I was only out on the road for 20 miles, about an hour. I did 10 sets of single leg drills. I still had 20 minutes to complete my hour after the 10 sets, so I tagged onto the local Friday night ride and did a bit of climbing. It was fun leading the group up the climbs. Well, the group was down to 3 pretty quickly on the first climb. One of the riders was a team mate who is riding really well this season. Nice job David. This loop ends in a fast, fun descent, 40+ miles per hour. I turned off onto my road at the end of the descent. I still had plenty of energy to attack the hill of truth on my route. I have an early start of 6:30 am in the morning. I am going to do the Saturday ride and work in my 3 x 15 minute sets of LT work. Oh boy! This is going to be fun and challenging. 2 sets are tough, but 3 will be a real test. Plus, working this into a group ride may prove to be very interesting. If it is not working, I may have to break off from the group, do my work and head back solo or try to rejoin the group after I'm done. I'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment