Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Training again...


June 29, 2009
It’s time to get back out on the road. My cold is much better; I am just dealing with sinus issues at this point. No more time to waste, I have to get back to training. My planned ride for Monday was an easy one hour spin to loosen up the legs and prepare for the harder work ahead this week. Well, that happened, but I also met up with a group ride midway into the spin and went harder than I expected or should have. I did several long, hard, fast pulls on the front. Great weather, low humidity and I felt really strong considering I’d been off the bike for a week. I averaged 26-28 mph on all of my pulls. My quads are pretty sore today (Tuesday).
On another note, I got home yesterday to find my power meter waiting, a day earlier than I expected. Quarq is a great company. I have been very impressed with their customer service. I actually get a real person on the phone when I call them. They also answer emails very quickly, usually in a matter of hours, not days. Plus they send out swag. I have gotten 2 t-shirts and 2 water bottles at no cost. I got the crank back on the bike last night and will give it a try tonight or Wednesday. I want to be sure it is set up and working correctly before I get out on a training ride. I don’t want to lose any more data. I also found, during the installation, that my free hub body was loose. I think I got it tight, but I have never dealt with a free hub problem before. I’ll see how it goes on the next outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment