Thursday, June 11, 2009

Spinning away

June 10. 2009
I had to work this session in between a thunder storm and rain showers, but I managed to do it and not get wet. There was just a little road spray to contend with. This was a concentrated workout of 10 sets of high cadence spin-ups. It didn’t seem like it would be much of an effort until I got into it. Spin-ups are not so much a strength effort, but they are quite an effort to maintain for the duration of the set. I averaged about 140 rpm for all 10 sets. I got a late start and didn’t get home until almost 7:30 pm. This one hour workout turned into almost an hour and a half when I factored in a good warm-up and cool down. Thursday’s training may have to take place indoors as there is a 50% chance of scattered thunder storms…AGAIN! No worries, I’ll get it done. On another note, I was listening to my favorite podcast, the two johns podcast, while training and the email I sent them last week won me the weekly swag for email of the week. SWEET!

No comments:

Post a Comment