Friday, June 12, 2009

Indoor sprints

June 11, 2009
It has been a long day. I am writing this post at midnight. I had lots of errands, chores, etc. to do after work so my workout got pushed way back. I sat down for a short break when I got home and 2 hours later, I woke up in a panic. I guess I needed the sleep, but I still had a workout to get done. I finally got on the trainer around 9:30 pm. It took a few minutes to clear the fog and haze. I cut the workout from one and a half hours to just one hour. It is general practice to cut a workout by 40% if done indoors on a trainer. It was still an intense hour. I did 10 sets of power sprints. I was not exhausted afterwards, but I was not about to go out and run a race. I’m glad tomorrow’s workout is short and not as intense. Saturday is another story. It will be a long tempo specific day. I think I have 3.5 hours to get in on Saturday. I may do the local group ride and just stay at the front for my tempo work. Right now, my pillow is waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment