Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Maintain that number

June 9, 2009
This was a hard workout. I did a 45 minute warm-up which placed me at the foot of a local climb. I had to do 2 x 12 minute efforts at LT with 10 minutes of recovery between. I felt a little sluggish for the first set but managed to maintain my watts. Though I felt better on the second set, my average watts dropped by 1 watt. By the time I finished the second set I was toast. The 30 minute ride home was a much needed cool down. I tried to spin as much as possible, but despite my best efforts to spin out the lactate acids built up in my legs, I am still a little sore this morning. It was very hot even at 6:45 p.m. on my way back home. The goal of the workout was to focus on my time at LT. I was able to stick it, but it was a mental fight to keep myself in the proper power zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment