Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Race prep

Monday I went out for a group ride to get in a little speed work. I got what I was looking for. This ride has really gotten fast this year. We averaged about 24-27 mph at most times, hitting 30 and 31 on some flat stretches of road. It was actually MORE than I wanted. I don't want to go too hard this week. I have to taper my work by week's end to be fresh for Saturday's road race and time trial. I did not feel 100% on the ride. I did shorter pulls on the front than usual. I kept thinking to myself, "ride smart now to ride strong later".
Today I almost didn't get out the door for my training. Just one of those lazy days I guess. I finally got in gear and went for a 1 hour ride concentrating on high cadence spin ups. I did 10 of these with plenty of recovery between. I felt much better today. The hour was over very quickly. I was glad I got out and did the work. Despite the forecast, I didn't see any rain, just cloudy skies and a little wind. The rest of the week I have about an hour a day to ride. Wednesday and Thursday are specific workouts. Friday is just a run through of my pre-race warm up then home to put the legs up. Race day will be here before I know it. Rest, ride, relax and eat right. Easy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment