Thursday, August 20, 2009

Nice day despite the forecast


I got back from my ride about an hour and a half ago. Great ride, despite the forecast. They missed it AGAIN. I felt a few faint sprinkles on the way out but that's about it. It was blazin' hot. I did a new workout today, sprint intervals till ya puke, I think they are called. If not, they should be. I did 5 sets of 1 minute all out sprint efforts followed by 5 minutes of recovery. Complete recovery, because these were HARD one minute efforts. I literally thought I'd puke on the last 2. The 5 minutes between went by like a flash while the 1 minute of work seemed to last a lifetime. No complaints, mind you, that's what the workout is intended to do, push you to your limit, catch your breath and do it again x 5. I had a nice tail wind going out, but a relentless head wind coming back. I was out for an hour and 7 minutes. It seemed a lot longer. I spun the pedals easy on the cool down back to the house. Chocolate milk for a recovery drink and a turkey BLT 30 minutes later. Now I am sitting with my legs elevated, typing this and having a cup of freshly ground and brewed hazelnut coffee, ahhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment