Friday, May 8, 2009

The sky is crying, AGAIN!

May 8, 2009
I registered for the Tomato Head Criterium Series last night or this morning, I’m not really sure which. I had TONS of trouble and errors trying to get registered. It finally showed that I was registered this morning, but I was charged twice. That is sure to be a hassle to get a refund.
We had storms this morning and chance of rain and scattered T-storms all weekend. I hope the rain will scatter somewhere there is not a bike race taking place. Crits aren’t my favorite, especially on a wet course. They usually start like horses out of a gate and go full speed the whole time.
I didn’t get in my planned ride yesterday and I’m not sure I will be able to squeeze one in this afternoon before the rain moves back into the area. The night before a race is always stressful. I never seem to get enough rest and when I do sleep, I am up very early the day of the race. I try to eat a good breakfast at least 2 ½ to 3 hours before the race so it will be digested before I roll onto the start line. I’ll have a shot of Hammer Gel or some Heed about 15 minutes before the race and that will be it, other than water, until the finish. No worries though, each race will only last about an hour. Saturday morning’s race will be my first Crit of the year. I’ll cross my fingers, tighten up my butt cheeks and hope for the best.
The list of registered riders is pretty familiar. I know a lot of these guys and know how they race. It’s the ones I don’t know that I worry about…
Rain or shine, the fun starts @ 10:10 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment